- Information Collected from You by FCM. We may collect information that you provide to us in connection with your use of the Service when you register as a user of the Service, send e-mail messages, forms, or other information to us through the Service, or enter a drawing or giveaway offered through the Service. Providing this additional information is optional and you are not required to provide this information in order to use the Service.
- Information You Share on the Service. Some portions of the Service allow you to submit comments, reviews, ratings, rate data, and other content. This content may be displayed on the Service and may be viewable by other users of the Service.
- Information Automatically Collected Through the Service. FCM may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service. We will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, device and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Service, IP address, standard web log information, and geo-location, including your geo-location relative to and within third party merchant locations. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may collect information such as your mobile device ID, device type, and your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device, as well as signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data. We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the Service. If you use the Service through a mobile device and you do not want us to collect your geo-location information you may change your preferences through the “Privacy Settings” feature of the phone, however, if you set your preferences so that we cannot collect your geo-location information, some of the features of the Service, such as the “Find Coin Machines Near Me” feature, may not be available to you. In addition, you may be able to adjust the settings on your browser to prevent collection of your geolocation information.
- Cookies. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Service using “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Service may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the amount of time you spend using the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, if you access the Service through the Internet, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, FCM will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
- provide access to the Service and to provide you with requested services and customer support and to process and respond to your inquiries;
- personalize, customize, measure, and improve our services, content, and advertising and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the FCM Terms of Service;
- analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Service;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- contact you with information, including promotional, marketing and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
- provide you with information we deem relevant when you visit third party merchant locations;
- if you use the Service on a mobile device, with your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device to provide updates about the Service and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the “Settings” page within your account. You may also be able to manage them from your mobile device’s settings page; and
- Our Service Providers: We may share your information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service or otherwise responding to your customer service requests. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
- Business Transfers; Bankruptcy. If FCM becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, FCM may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Aggregate Information. FCM may share information relating to visitors and users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Law Enforcement Authorities. To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other FCM user to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
- Third Party Business Partners. When you access the Service through a device, we may, from time to time, share your device i.d. and geolocation information with a few carefully selected third party business partners that may use this information on behalf of themselves or their third party business partners to provide you with marketing information about products or services that may be of interest to you, for purposes related to advertising, analytics, attribution (e.g., measuring ad performance) and research. If you would like us to stop providing your information to these third party business partners, you may opt-out by contacting us using the form at http://www.freecoinmachines.com/contact.php or sending a letter to us by postal mail at Casey Eyring, 1 Hardy Road #1048, Bedford, NH 03110 Attn: FCM Customer Service. By electing to opt-out of these services, you may be required to turn off the geo-location function in the Service which may result in some of the functionality of the Service being unavailable to you.
- Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us within your FCM account. You can also choose not to receive email communications from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any email communication you receive from us.
- Gateway Services. FCM does not control the information you provide to Gateway Services. If you want to change your preferences with regard to how an applicable Gateway Service collects or uses your information in connection with the Service, you should review the privacy practices of the applicable Gateway Service and adjust your privacy or other settings directly through the applicable Gateway Service.